From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] fast boot of Gentoo
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:30:47
1 On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Alexander Chekmarev
2 <chekmarev.alex@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > I found so many attempts to improve boot time on various linux distros.
4
5 I'd also like to note that we could speed up boot time by symlinking
6 /bin/sh to /bin/dash this speeds up boot time, however it means more
7 stuff on the tarball, and even more importantly it means fixing init
8 scripts, at this time apache and mysql's are not posix compliant and
9 won't work. openrc is ready (or mostly thought I saw an error but have
10 yet to get a good look at it) to go however.
13 Caleb Cushing
14
15 http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com