From: Sni <hoax@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] clustering-livecd
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:31:46
1 Dear all,
2 My name is Mikeshin Igor.
3 Now I'm a first-year postgraduate-student in Baikal State Univercity of Economics and Law.
4 I'm researching a high performance computing complexes.
5
6 I'd like to take a part in the this year's GSoC. I'm interested in 'Make the clustering LiveCD from a previous GSoC bootable from USB' idea
7 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/userrel/soc/ideas.xml#doc_chap2_sect26
8 I think it would be great, and i'm going to use such usbflash in my univercity.
9
10 I've played a little with the scripts in proj repo; it is based on catalyst tool.
11 So, the main issue here is that building liveUSB/liveHDD is not supported by catalyst.
12 Then I guess I have to implement such functionality in catalyst.
13 What do you think? Is it right way?
14
15 I would also be appreciate for any help in my probation bugfixing. I'm looking for catalyst' bugs now.
16
17 Best regards,
18 Mikeshin Igor