From: Joachim Filip Bartosik <jbartosik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: Council web app - introduction
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 17:22:48
1 (Note: this is c&p from my blog [0])
2
3 I’m going to finish work early (first week of August) so I started
4 working three weeks ago.
5
6 Some functionality is ready:
7
8 Anyone can view agendas
9 Agenda has state:
10 Open – council members and administrators can edit it.
11 Closed for submissions – when meeting is close and no one
12 should change agenda.
13 Meeting ongoing – currently unused.
14 Old – old agendas, no one can change them.
15 There is always exactly one agenda in state different then “old”
16 (that is in open, closed for submissions or meeting ongoing state). cal
17 this agenda “current agenda”.
18 There is list of agenda items
19 Every item has fields for title, description, and discussion(s).
20 Any registered user can create a new item. Initially item is
21 not assigned to agenda. There is listing of all unassigned (suggested)
22 agenda items.
23 Council members can add it to current agenda. Items added to
24 agenda don’t appear any more on the suggested agenda items list. They
25 appear as agenda items for a specific agenda.
26 Council members can reject it. Rejected items don’t appear
27 on suggested agenda items list.
28 For every agenda item there is voting options list.
29 Anyone can register
30 Registered user can be marked as administrator
31 Registered user can be marked as council member
32 I started work on the IRC bot
33 When someone says #startmeeting (in addition to everything
34 MeetBot usually does) it obtains two JSON files containing:
35 Array of nicks allowed to vote on the meeting
36 Array of agenda items. Each agenda item is array. First item
37 of that array is title of agenda item. Second item is array with voting
38 options for agenda item.
39 This looks a more complicated then it really is, so here is
40 an example: suppose current has two two items: ‘What I will eat for
41 diner’ and ‘Should I walk the dog before or after dinner’. Voting
42 options for the first one are ‘Pizza’, ‘Sandwiches’ and ‘Nothing’.
43 Choices for the second one are ‘Yes’ and ‘No’. This results in an array:
44
45 [["What I will eat for diner", ["Pizza", "Sandwiches",
46 "Nothing"]], ["Should I walk the dog before or after dinner", ["Yes",
47 "No"]]]
48 Other commands I added are: #nextitem, #previtem (to change
49 currently discussed item), #startvote, #endvote, #vote(to vote).
50 When someone issues #endmeeting command bot posts voting results
51 (JSON with hash mapping agenda item title to hash mapping nick to voting
52 choice).
53
54 For short description of project and sources, read this[1].
55
56 [0]
57 http://ahenobarbi.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/council-application-weekly-report-1/
58 [1]