From: Andrey Falko <afalko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gsoc Idea: EeePC Script/Build
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:52:20
1 On 3/25/09, Aaron Lebahn <cplusplus328@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello, I would like to apply as a student in the Google Summer of Code
3 > program. I would like to work on creating a simple method to install Gentoo
4 > on an EeePC. This will involve creating scripts and code that will
5 > preconfigure the Gentoo instalation to be optimized for the EeePC, and to
6 > contain all of the appropriate modules and configurations to enable all
7 > hardware on the EeePC.
8 > I own an EeePC 900 with which I wil be abe to test. I am uncertain if this
9 > or something similar has been done before, or if this is an appropriate
10 > Google SOC project. Please give feedback or questions, thankyou.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Aaron Lebahn.
16 Would it be possible to integrate these scripts into Gentoo current
17 graphical installer, as well as included on one of the minimal install
18 CDs?