From: jim@××××××××××××.au
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Kernel 2.6.x config for SUN Blade 100
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:05:39
Quoting freshy98 <freshy98@×××.net>:
> I already got 2.6.13.4 emerged (vanilla-sources) so I will work on i > tomorrow evening.
This is about building a kernel for sunblade 100 but remember I am not on gentoo, and am building upstream sources. Maybe your build system takes care of all this stuff for you? The main thing is that a .config is not needed, as it is generated from the supplied sources and adapts itself to the build platform. It is OK for sunblade 100 "out of the box" subject to the following changes. Following updates and corrects previous posts done from memory In the end I got 2 errors. drivers/sbus/char/envctrl.c:41: error: static declaration of 'errno' follows non-static declaration include/linux/unistd.h:4: error: previous declaration of 'errno' was here and the "patch" actually just edit the file to remove that line: drivers/sbus/char/envctrl.c -static int errno; +//static int errno; Did same for drivers/sbus/char/bbc_envctrl.c That is quite useless except to quickly continue the building. The end result is a warning about those two modules during make modules_install. WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.13.4/kernel/drivers/sbus/char/envctrl.ko needs unknow n symbol errno WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.13.4/kernel/drivers/sbus/char/bbc.ko needs unknown sy mbol errno I will look for a bug upstream and file one if needed, meanwhile maybe it is better for you to configure to avoid building those modules. Or maybe gentoo handles this for you already. If you have to do this next step make sure you do not overwrite anything! make install did not work. I just renamed them vmlinux-2.6.13.4 and System.map-2.6.13.4 and copied .config to config-2.6.13.4 and then copied those into /boot. and ran yaird from /boot yaird --verbose --output=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.13.4 2.6.13.4 the i edit /boot/silo.conf by adding image=/vmlinux-2.6.13.4 label=mylinux initrd=/initrd.img-2.6.13.4 jim -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list