From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-sparc@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Re: [gentoo-dev] Project summaries - SPARC team summary
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 18:42:28
We are an architecture team, so except for one developer (bluebird) who
is actively working on true multilib support (64-bit userland), we are
mostly reactive to bug reports for security, testing, and keywording.

Currently we have enough developers to pretty much keep up with demand.
However, note the following:

1.  We need arch testers.  We use them to help with evaluating keyword
requests and as a breeding ground for new developers.  However, because
of this all of our arch testers have become developers and we need to
refresh the pool.

2.  Although we currently are keeping up with requests, the work load
is heavy enough that we face (in my opinion) a real risk of developer
burnout.  Thus, I would say that we are understaffed, although we have
one or two candidates in process.  I'd prefer to have about three more
developers as well as arch testers as mentioned above.

So, short term, we are in reasonable shape.  Longer term, we need to
recruit.

Regards,
Ferris
--
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)