From: Klaus Wagner <klaus@××××××××××.net>
To: Norman Warthmann <norman@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Problems with xine and/or mplayer
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:26:33
On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 05:00:35PM +0200, Norman Warthmann wrote:
> Hi there, > > I have problems getting to watch videos on my ultra 10 creator 3 d and I was > wondering if somebody can give me a hint.
i have experienced the same problems, lot's of color corruption when playing several avi sounds, sound should work well (normally). the reason for the occasional sound could be slow cpu performance. what i have found out is, that same happens when using the sdl library for displaying graphics. There seems to be a broken code, when it comes to bitmasking for the different colors, (example: 16 bit color mode would give you 2 times 5 bits for blue and red and 6 bits for green, when a color uses 7 bits, an overflow would occure producing strange effects) anyhow i don't know who to blame (kernel, X - i am using still Xfree 4.3, or the mplayer/sdl output layer) btw. the conversion from one codec to another work good (avi to mpeg) so i don't believe that the problem is codec dependent. regards klaus -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list