From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] URGENT - Cafepress premium store
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:07:46
1 On Friday 27 May 2005 12:25 pm, Kumba wrote:
2 > Why not just take the $47 made, chip in a donation of $12.95, and buy the
3 > 12 month option? Saves us ~$0.80/mo over the course of 12 months, which by
4 > my cheap calculations, $9.90 of the donated $12 is eventually made back up,
5 > for a total of ~$3 lost. I spend more than $3 each day on lunch, so my
6 > view is it's chump change.
7 >
8 > Of course, I am not an accountant by any means, but the difference seems
9 > trivial.
10
11 Sorry, I was in a hurry to make a lunch appointment so I should have clarified
12 this a bit:
13
14 CP Will require a payment method (like our bankcard), so we can do the one
15 year regardless of what we have "made". My reluctance in signing up for a
16 whole year is in case someone is unhappy with that commitment. (to be
17 strictly legit about it, the current board could easily agree to a year, but
18 if the new board is unhappy with that then they are out the money, albeit in
19 this case the money is really not that much).
20
21 While we are on the topic of CP and money, any commission we make gets held
22 for something like 45 days. This allows the payment to clear, the order to
23 ship, and CP's 30 day return policy. This is cool with me as I don't think
24 we will be in a "dire need" for sale funds (and if that ever happens we can
25 put a call for help and use paypal to get funds quickly).
26
27 Cheers!
30 Corey Shields
31 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
32 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
33 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields