From: Marlon Petry <marlonpetry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user-br@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user-br] Problemas na instalação do Gentoo num EeePC 701
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:32:17
1 Olá Ricardo
2
3 Estou desenvolvendo um how to para instalar o gentoo em uma pen drive. Mas
4 agora estou sem tempo e parei de pesquisar e deixei de lado o projeto.
5 A minha idéia é instalar em uma pen drive como se fosse uma instalação no HD
6 diferente do how to http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_LiveCD_and_LiveUSB.
7 Fala isso porque é muito parecido com a sua instalação encontrei um tutorial
8 mas ainda não experimentei
9 http://hup.hu/node/30374 derrepente tu pode experimentar.
19 2008/8/8 Ricardo Saffi Marques <saffi@××××××××××××××.br>
20
21 > Pessoal, bom dia, tudo bom?
22 > Seguinte, postei minha dúvida no Gentoo-User hoje cedo. Só que
23 > obviamente foi em inglês. Não quis mandar com CC pra cá por saber que
24 > aqui é pt-BR e não fazer cross-posting. :-)
25 > Assim sendo e tendo feita essa ressalva, lá vai. I mean, acredito que
26 > pelo menos grande parte das pessoas aqui leiam inglês sem maiores
27 > problemas. Eu realmente não estou com saco de mudar isso pra português,
28 > hehehe.
29 > Se puderem dar sugestões, agradeço muito!
30 >
31 > Abração, galera!
32 >
33 > Saffi
34 >
35 > --
36 > Ricardo Saffi Marques
37 > http://www.rsaffi.com
38 > ==========================================================
39 > Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas - LAS
40 > Instituto de Computação - IC
41 > Caixa Postal: 6176
42 > Universidade Estadual de Campinas - UNICAMP
43 > 13083-852, Campinas, SP, Brasil
44 > ==========================================================
48 > Hello folks. I have an Asus EeePC 701 (4GB) and I'm having problems
49 > installing Gentoo on it, so I wrote this giant e-mail to help you
50 > understand what is going on and what I have done and can't do.
51 > I have been using Gentoo for a while, so I am pretty comfortable on
52 > installing it and configuring it.
53 >
54 > "Disks" on my Eee:
55 > Internal Flash (4GB): /dev/sda1 -> Ubuntu 8.04 (blergh, not for long) :-)
56 > SD Card (8GB): /dev/sdb1 -> Gentoo 2.6.25-gentoo-r7
57 >
58 > The Gentoo system is ready. I mean, it is still text-mode only, but I
59 > have some ideas about the other stuff to be installed, continue reading,
60 > please. :-)
61 > The problem is that I just can't boot the system. At first, I thought I
62 > had forgotten something when configuring the kernel. But I gave up that
63 > idea since me and a friend of mine re-checked it many times.
64 > I have installed Gentoo's grub on the MBR of /dev/sda, since I intend to
65 > remove Ubuntu later. The kernel hangs because it can't find /dev/sdb1
66 > [1]. The system I consider a minimum usable text-mode system is already
67 > installed, configured and even up-to-date.
68 > I have tried a lot of different things. I tried booting Gentoo using the
69 > Ubuntu kernel. Sound reasonable, but Ubuntu's initrd (which later I
70 > realized is the one that recognizes my "disks") already mount /proc and
71 > when Gentoo's RC comes up it "oops" because of /proc [2]. Since booting
72 > Ubuntu's kernel is just temporary, I won't edit the init.d script that
73 > mounts /proc on Gentoo. Anyway.
74 > By-the-way, something that is worth mentioning. When booting Ubuntu's
75 > kernel, it sometimes (not always) hangs at this point [3]. It stays
76 > there for four to five MINUTES, sometimes. But some other times is just
77 > goes straight. Even when "hanging" there for a while, it always passed
78 > that and boots the system. Also happens when trying to boot Gentoo with
79 > Ubuntu's kernel.
80 >
81 > I have done tons of online research, but what I found is people that
82 > successfully installed Gentoo on the EeePC.
83 > I've read and bookmarked these links [4] [5] "just in case", but so far
84 > they didn't help me at all.
85 >
86 > [1]: http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/~saffi/eee/Gentoo-Kernel_Gentoo.jpg<http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/%7Esaffi/eee/Gentoo-Kernel_Gentoo.jpg>
87 > [2]: http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/~saffi/eee/Gentoo-Kernel_Ubuntu.jpg<http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/%7Esaffi/eee/Gentoo-Kernel_Ubuntu.jpg>
88 > [3]: http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/~saffi/eee/Gentoo-Kernel_Ubuntu2.jpg<http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/%7Esaffi/eee/Gentoo-Kernel_Ubuntu2.jpg>
89 > [4]: http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/Asus_Eee_PC_701
90 > [5]:
91 >
92 > http://www.floccinaucinihilipilification.net/wiki/index.php/Gentoo_on_the_EEE_Pc
93 >
94 > I have ideas about installing the graphical system and other stuff
95 > later. I intend to share the ideas and will as soon as my basic system
96 > boots. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!
97 >
98 > Best regards,
99 >
100 > Saffi
101 >
102 > --
103 > Ricardo Saffi Marques
104 > http://www.rsaffi.com
106 > Laboratory of System Administration and Security - LAS
107 > Institute of Computing - IC
108 > P.O. Box: 6176
109 > University of Campinas - UNICAMP
110 > 13083-852, Campinas, SP, Brazil