From: Bernhard Auzinger <e0026053@×××××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user-de@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user-de] serial console
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:01:56
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a mini-ITX Board with a 800MHz Celeron-M and want to enable the serial
4 console on this machine. I have enabled the redirection to the serial port in
5 the bios, added:
6
7 "s0:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 115200 ttyS0 vt100"
8
9 to /etc/inittab and expanded the kernel parameters in grub to:
10
11 "kernel /bzImage root=/dev/hda3 console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8"
12
13 If I boot the machine beeing connected via a serial cable and watching with
14 minicom, I can see the bios screen and even the output of grub, but as soon
15 as the kernel boots, the serial console seems to be switched off. When the
16 boot procedure is ready, the serial console is switched on again. This
17 behaviour makes me believe that some of my kernel parameters must be wrong.
18 Maybe someone can give me a hint how to solve this.
19
20 rgds
21 Bernhard
22
23 PS: By the way, "/proc/cmdline" contains only the first
24 parameter "root=/dev/hda3", but there is no error message in the output of
25 dmesg, that says that the console entries would be ignored
26 --
27 gentoo-user-de@g.o mailing list