From: Bernhard Auzinger <e0026053@×××××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user-de@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user-de] serial console
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:43:34
1 I should have slept a little longer. I forgot that I use the menu.lst instead
2 of grub.conf on this machine :). Problem solved.
3
4 rgds
5 Bernhard
6
7 Am Freitag 30 März 2007 schrieb Bernhard Auzinger:
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 > I have a mini-ITX Board with a 800MHz Celeron-M and want to enable the
11 > serial console on this machine. I have enabled the redirection to the
12 > serial port in the bios, added:
13 >
14 > "s0:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 115200 ttyS0 vt100"
15 >
16 > to /etc/inittab and expanded the kernel parameters in grub to:
17 >
18 > "kernel /bzImage root=/dev/hda3 console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8"
19 >
20 > If I boot the machine beeing connected via a serial cable and watching with
21 > minicom, I can see the bios screen and even the output of grub, but as soon
22 > as the kernel boots, the serial console seems to be switched off. When the
23 > boot procedure is ready, the serial console is switched on again. This
24 > behaviour makes me believe that some of my kernel parameters must be wrong.
25 > Maybe someone can give me a hint how to solve this.
26 >
27 > rgds
28 > Bernhard
29 >
30 > PS: By the way, "/proc/cmdline" contains only the first
31 > parameter "root=/dev/hda3", but there is no error message in the output of
32 > dmesg, that says that the console entries would be ignored
36 gentoo-user-de@g.o mailing list