From: Peter Wood <p2wood@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] no beep in console
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 03:06:53
1 Hi list,
2 I have been trying to get the console beep working on 2 laptops (one
3 with a SIS and one with an Intel sound card). pcspkr is compiled as a
4 kernel module on both laptops and shows as loaded in lspci, but I don't
5 get any beeps either in the text console nor in X. Both laptops used to
6 run Debian and issued beeps in console mode on double tab in bash, etc.
7 I did modify any files to disable beeps, and yes I have unmuted all
8 sound controls. Also tried unloading alsa, but this did not resolve the
9 issue either. Does anyone know how I can get this working again?
10 Thanks,
11 Peter
12 --
13 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list