From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] webcam on Gentoo Logitech C270 - almost there.
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 04:26:14
1 On 12/21/14 19:58, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 >On 12/21/2014 06:49 PM, Joseph wrote:
3 >> When I try to run: guvcview
4 >>
5 >> video device: /dev/video0 ERROR opening V4L2 interface for /dev/video0
6 >> unable to detect video devices on your system (0)
7 >> ERROR opening V4L interface: Permission denied
8 >
9 >It can't open the device. You probably aren't in the right group for access.
10 >
11 >I suspect it'd be the video group, just do:
12 >
13 >ls -lhd /dev/video0
14 >
15 >...and see what the permissions are, it's probably going to be root:video.
16 >
17 >For my mythtv card, I know for sure it's root:video.
18 >
19 >If that's all it is, use gpasswd and add yourself to the group then log
20 >out and in again.
21 >
22 >Dan
23
24 YES, that was it. I was fighting with it all afternoon and it was so simple :-/
25
26 Though, the video and voice work with guvcview and can record it and save it but with skype only video works.
27 I think the problem is "pulse" audio, skype only show "pulse" audio option; guvcview allow me to switch to:
28 USB Device 0x46d:0x825 Audio.
29
30 How to force skype to USB Device Audio?
33 Joseph