From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] webcam on Gentoo Logitech C270
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 03:58:40
1 On 12/21/2014 06:49 PM, Joseph wrote:
2 > When I try to run: guvcview
3 >
4 > video device: /dev/video0 ERROR opening V4L2 interface for /dev/video0
5 > unable to detect video devices on your system (0)
6 > ERROR opening V4L interface: Permission denied
7
8 It can't open the device. You probably aren't in the right group for access.
9
10 I suspect it'd be the video group, just do:
11
12 ls -lhd /dev/video0
13
14 ...and see what the permissions are, it's probably going to be root:video.
15
16 For my mythtv card, I know for sure it's root:video.
17
18 If that's all it is, use gpasswd and add yourself to the group then log
19 out and in again.
20
21 Dan