From: "Stéphane Guedon" <stephane@××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audio Problem
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 22:39:37
1 On Tuesday 27 December 2011 20:41:12 Vishnupradeep wrote:
2 > I have M2A-MX motherboard with AMD Phenom II X4 prcessor. Installed gentoo
3 > 11.2 with kde and now the audio is not working. Installed pulseaudio and
4 > ALSA. i am little confused, fo audio to work both ALSA and pulseaudio
5 > needed ? I would like to play some music. How to correct the audio.
6 >
7 > ----
8 > Linux Blog: http://xtreme-linux.blogspot.com/
9 > Fedora Blog: http://xtreme-fedora.blogspot.com/
10 > My Blog: http://sharedonweb.blogspot.com/
11
12 First, pulseaudio is not needed. It is not recommanded if you don't know what
13 to do with it.
14
15 Did you check you turn on your audio system ? (quite often, it's basically set
16 to mute).
17 Does your kernel recognize your audio system ?
18 Does kde recognize your audio system (there is a config panel about it) ?
19
20 Check that, and get back, you will help us to help you.
21 I am not the guy who will help you, I am not skilled in audio and alsa. But I
22 know what others will ask for.
23 --
24 Stéphane Guedon
25 http://www.22decembre.eu/