From: Aljosha Papsch <papsch.al@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audio Problem
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 01:37:20
1 Am Dienstag, den 27.12.2011, 23:37 +0100 schrieb Stéphane Guedon:
2 > On Tuesday 27 December 2011 20:41:12 Vishnupradeep wrote:
3 > > I have M2A-MX motherboard with AMD Phenom II X4 prcessor. Installed gentoo
4 > > 11.2 with kde and now the audio is not working. Installed pulseaudio and
5 > > ALSA. i am little confused, fo audio to work both ALSA and pulseaudio
6 > > needed ? I would like to play some music. How to correct the audio.
7 > >
8 > > ----
9 > > Linux Blog: http://xtreme-linux.blogspot.com/
10 > > Fedora Blog: http://xtreme-fedora.blogspot.com/
11 > > My Blog: http://sharedonweb.blogspot.com/
12 >
13 > First, pulseaudio is not needed. It is not recommanded if you don't know what
14 > to do with it.
15 >
16 > Did you check you turn on your audio system ? (quite often, it's basically set
17 > to mute).
18 > Does your kernel recognize your audio system ?
19 > Does kde recognize your audio system (there is a config panel about it) ?
20 >
21 > Check that, and get back, you will help us to help you.
22 > I am not the guy who will help you, I am not skilled in audio and alsa. But I
23 > know what others will ask for.
24
25 Additionally, have you added yourself to the audio group? The ALSA guide
26 is a good source for how to do these things:
27 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml