From: Vishnupradeep <intermedia.vishnu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audio Problem
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:15:37
1 unmerged pulseaudio. Now the sound works when system is restarted. but
2 after some time it stops working. juk player is unable to output any audio.
3 VLC works
6 On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Aljosha Papsch <papsch.al@××××××××××.com>wrote:
7
8 > Am Dienstag, den 27.12.2011, 23:37 +0100 schrieb Stéphane Guedon:
9 > > On Tuesday 27 December 2011 20:41:12 Vishnupradeep wrote:
10 > > > I have M2A-MX motherboard with AMD Phenom II X4 prcessor. Installed
11 > gentoo
12 > > > 11.2 with kde and now the audio is not working. Installed pulseaudio
13 > and
14 > > > ALSA. i am little confused, fo audio to work both ALSA and pulseaudio
15 > > > needed ? I would like to play some music. How to correct the audio.
16 > > >
17 > > > ----
18 > > > Linux Blog: http://xtreme-linux.blogspot.com/
19 > > > Fedora Blog: http://xtreme-fedora.blogspot.com/
20 > > > My Blog: http://sharedonweb.blogspot.com/
21 > >
22 > > First, pulseaudio is not needed. It is not recommanded if you don't know
23 > what
24 > > to do with it.
25 > >
26 > > Did you check you turn on your audio system ? (quite often, it's
27 > basically set
28 > > to mute).
29 > > Does your kernel recognize your audio system ?
30 > > Does kde recognize your audio system (there is a config panel about it) ?
31 > >
32 > > Check that, and get back, you will help us to help you.
33 > > I am not the guy who will help you, I am not skilled in audio and alsa.
34 > But I
35 > > know what others will ask for.
36 >
37 > Additionally, have you added yourself to the audio group? The ALSA guide
38 > is a good source for how to do these things:
39 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml

Desktop6.jpeg image/jpeg