From: Daniel Quinn <expendable.0@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] win32codecs on an ARM architecture?
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:17:40
1 I have 3 Sheevaplugs (http://www.marvell.com/featured/plugcomputing.jsp) which
2 all run ARM cpus. For the most part I've had very few problems setting these
3 up to run Gentoo but now I'm trying to have one of them run Mencoder to record
4 CBC's The National from an MMS stream and I'm having this problem:
5
6 Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported
7
8 I can only assume that this is due to the fact that mplayer won't emerge with
9 the win32codecs USE flag, probably relating the architecture I'm using. Isn't
10 there a way to make this work? Emulate an x86 space or something? I'm rather
11 new at working across architectures so I'm kinda poking around in the dark
12 here.