From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: SDD, what features to look for and what to avoid.
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 13:17:18
1 On 02/04/2020 13:37, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > Same here, the colour cartridges have been saying they're "critically low" for
3 > the past couple of months. As they don't expire, I did order a new set when
4 > they got low. Those are still sealed in storage.
5
6 Yup. I ordered a set when they hit critically low. And replaced the
7 yellow when it started looking naff. The other colours still look fine.
8 The printer has been registered for its "free" 3-yr warranty, but it's a
9 requirement that you must use only genuine HP cartridges. So I'm
10 reckoning that once this first set of replacement cartridges runs out,
11 the printer will be over three years old. The second set of cartridges
12 will be compatibiles, and if I pay £20 instead of £100 per cartridge,
13 that'll save me enough to buy a new printer if the old one breaks. I
14 think the set of four XL cartridges cost more than the printer did!
15
16 Printers don't seem to last nowadays, anyway. I remember somebody asking
17 about "old printers", and there were no "medium age" printers - they
18 were all either less than five years old, or ancient LaserJet 4 era
19 printers. Anything in-between had died (or, like one of my old printers,
20 been sunk by production of consumables stopping).
21
22 Cheers,
23 Wol