From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: SDD, what features to look for and what to avoid.
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 12:37:10
1 On Thursday, April 2, 2020 12:13:38 AM CEST antlists wrote:
2 > On 01/04/2020 22:46, Dale wrote:
3
4 > > BTW, next time I'll find a printer that allows refilling and such too.
5 > > I don't like that chip thing. It counts against my page count on color
6 > > even if I print a black and white page. Still, printer does a awesome
7 > > job. Beats those ink jet thingys by a country mile.
8 >
9 > My HP laser is like that. Mind you, my colour cartridges "ran out" at
10 > about 1900 pages. They're still going fine (well, the yellow got
11 > replaced) at 4000 pages. But HP do say that a cartridge running empty
12 > won't damage the printer - all the vulnerable parts are in the cartridge.
13
14 Same here, the colour cartridges have been saying they're "critically low" for
15 the past couple of months. As they don't expire, I did order a new set when
16 they got low. Those are still sealed in storage.
19 Joost