From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to play quicktime (*.mov) videos with firefox
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:26:13
1 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> writes:
2
3 > On 08/29/2009 10:59 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >> Stroller<stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> writes:
5 >>
6 >>>
7 >>> I'm surprised you emerged mplayer with USE="-quicktime", since the
8 >>> purpose of doing so is to play Quicktime videos.
9 >>> :P
10 >>
11 >> emerge came up with those setting... I just didn't change it.
12 >
13 > Well you can't expect emerge to read your mind. If you want
14 > something, enable it. This is Gentoo, after all.
15
16 Ok... everybody is suddenly an expert... hehe.
17
18 My thinking ran something like: Mplayer may play *.mov files with its
19 own codec... therefor quicktime codecs might interfere.... therefore
20 my smart gentoo tools knew this and set the quicktime flag to minus.
21
22 Ok, so it isn't all that likely...