From: tecnic5@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My portage is hosed (segfaults) and I dont know why...
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 15:46:30
1 Rasmus Andersen <rasmus@×××××××××.dk>
2 07/02/2008 16:31
3 Por favor, responda a gentoo-user
4
5 Para: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 cc:
7 Asunto: [gentoo-user] My portage is hosed (segfaults) and I dont
8 know why...
9
10 Hello,
11
12 It seems that my portage or python installation or the combination
13 thereof has become borked. Whenever I run a portage-related program
14 (emerge, eclean, portageq, etc) I get segfaults. Due to these being
15 scripts, gdb is not of much help... I am able to start python normally
16 and get it to add numbers so python is not completely hosed. But I lack
17 another python program of substance to test whats wrong. The last thing
18 I emerged successfully was iptables and it seems unlikely that they had
19 an influence on python/portage.
20
21 ...
22
23 Thinking again I have rdiff-backup around. Testing that shows a small
24 backup to go ok and a largish backup to fail with sigsegv. The box as
25 such is busy enough, memorywise, and survives parallel kernel compiles
26 and untars fine.
27
28 So, I guess I have two questions: One, do anyone have a reasonable
29 opinion of what is wrong? Failing that, two: How do I reestablish python
30 and/or portage with the least pain? I have both in my PKGDIR, can I
31 'just' untar them on top of the existing installation?
32
33 Thanks,
34 Rasmus
35 --
36 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
40
41 How about booting from a Live-CD, stablishing a working environment and
42 running "emerge --ask --verbose --emptytree system"? That would take some
43 time, but should fix things right away.
47 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list