From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] can't remove device-mapper can't install it either
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:03:23
1 Hi group,
2
3 Going through a rough patch after a world update. The SD card on my
4 netbook doesn't get mounted, ext2 filesytem not found etc. I've had
5 this problem before which I traced to the lack of support for SD cards
6 in the kernel. This time it's something else. Nothing wrong with the
7 fs, it can be checked and mounted manually. Device-mapper is not in
8 the world file but does exist in /etc/init.d and can be started and
9 stopped OK. When I use it I get messages in the boot console of being
10 incompatible with my baselayout-1.
11
12 So, I try to unmerge it, but of course portage claims I don't have it.
13 And if I try to emerge it, the new version is blocked by the version
14 I'm supposed ot have?!
15
16 In an earlier post 'device-mapper', somebody suggested installing lvm2
17 and not using device-mapper but this doesn't work for me -- assuming
18 my problem has anything to do with device-mapper.
19
20 Maxim