From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several problems of a newbie
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:44:50
1 Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2 > What happens? The kernel boots and shows the tiny font I like so
3 > much. But suddenly while working on the bootscripts, the size of the
4 > fonts switched to a bigger (ugly, rectangle-shaped font). More
5 > mysterious: ALL BLUE letters were cancelled by a horizontal bar. Only
6 > the blue ones (I am NOT joking! ;O)
7 >
8 > Since the boot process was that fast, I couldn't realize, what stage
9 > of the boot was currently processed.
10 This is the consolefont bootscript (/etc/init.d/consolefont). You can
11 choose what font to use in /etc/conf.d/consolefont, or simply remove it
12 from the boot process as I have with 'rc-update del consolefont'.
13 > Third problem:
14 > While emerging something often there are messages displayed as fast
15 > as they are vanishing in the endless space of bits behind my monitor
16 > ;O)
17 >
18 > Is there any logfile of the emerging process written to somewhere ?
19 Set the PORT_LOGDIR variable in /etc/make.conf (recommended:
20 /var/log/portage), and make sure the portage user has write access to
21 it. gcc output isn't logged, but all important emerge warnings are.
22 /var/log/emerge.log contains a stripped-down version of the Portage logs
23 regardless of PORT_LOGDIR setting.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list