From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone succeeded with kmail2?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:23:56
1 first of all:
2
3 filtering is completely and utterly broken. You have to delete all filters
4 whenever you add a new 'ressource' and even then they don't work most of the
5 time. They might work if you select all mails and click 'apply filters' - or
6 not. Bugs on b.k.o are open.
7
8 Second, to import your old mails you have to add the right 'ressources'. And
9 then pray.
10
11 Oh and never delete any akonadi databases - I did it because someone wrote it
12 would solve some problems - and lost 150 000 emails. So much joy.
13
14 And now a little rant:
15
16 I do not know who shat into the brains of the kdepim devs that they fucked up
17 kmail in this unbelievable broken way. Most people do not need akonadi - or
18 nepomuk. Everything worked GREAT. Now most shit only works half way, a lot of
19 crap doesn't work at all - and once in a while (in my experience every 4h of
20 runtime) Nepomuk, that utter waste of electrons starts to eat cpu-cores. But
21 you need it! Because without it you can't search your emails!
22
23 GRRRRRR
26 #163933