From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's future directtion ?
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:52:44
1 On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:21 AM, <thegeezer@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > all of gentoo council meetings happen on irc if i remember right so it's not
4 > like there is an elite group deciding fate they are just sorting things that
5 > need to be sorted.
8 Per Gentoo's social contract [1] we try to be open about everything.
9 Very little of what happens in Gentoo is behind closed doors.
10
11 Council and Trustee meetings are held publicly on IRC. Meeting logs
12 can be found at [2]. Every Council meeting concludes with an open
13 floor, though issues really aren't likely to actually get immediate
14 action if they weren't on the agenda (we like to allow the whole
15 community to participate in list discussion before we just go vote on
16 something).
17
18 For the most part, Gentoo is what we make of it. There has been a
19 desire for a long time to try to make it easier to contribute, but in
20 the end people have to step up to make that happen. Those who are
21 most passionate about it are of course the best candidates to try to
22 drive change.
25 1 - http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/contract.xml
26 2 - http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council
29 Rich