From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayerplug-in downloads but doesn't play
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:42:05
1 On 11/27/05, Nicolas Litchinko <n.litchinko@××××.fr> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On 11:03 Sun 27 Nov , Manuel McLure wrote:
5 > > On Sunday 27 November 2005 07:51, Mark Knecht wrote:
6 > > > Does anyone have this problem? I click a link, such as on the page I
7 > > > put in this email, I get a new Firefox window, mplayerplug-in seems to
8 > > > be downloading, but then never plays. If I look at processes using top
9 > > > and ps aux I do not see mplayer at all.
10 > > >
11 > > > http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2005/11/more-music.html
12 > > >
13 > > > There are ogg and mp3 links to try.
14 > >
15 > > What version of mplayerplug-in are you running? I *greatly* recommend using at
16 > > least 3.11 (which is still marked ~x86) - it's the first that works really
17 > > well for me (the earlier releases would crash firefox when you left the page
18 > > with the video on it.) I'd also see the problem you see with earlier versions
19 > > - the page would appear to download the video but nothing would happen.
20 >
21 > I am still running version 2.80 of the mplayerplug-in and it works just
22 > fine. Though I must admit that I had the same problem as Mark at the
23 > beginning. It came from the default video driver used by
24 > mplayer/mplayerplug-in which wasn't compatible with my video card. I had
25 > to edit the ~/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf file:
26 >
27 > vo=xv
28 > ao=alsa
29 > osdlevel=1
30 >
31 > I hope that it helps.
32 >
33 > --
34 > Nicolas Litchinko
35
36 Hi,
37 Interesting. Two questions:
38
39 1) Is xv a driver that you use for your video card? The specific
40 system I'm looking at has this in xorg.conf:
41
42 Section "Device"
43 Identifier "Intel 810"
44 Driver "i810"
46 # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
47 EndSection
48
49 Would I choose 'i810' where you used 'xv'?
50
51 2) The system in question doesn't have a file
52 ~/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf. Did you create this file or was it
53 there for you to modify?
54
55 Thanks,
56 Mark