From: Nicolas Litchinko <n.litchinko@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayerplug-in downloads but doesn't play
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:58:58
1 On 11:33 Sun 27 Nov , Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On 11/27/05, Nicolas Litchinko <n.litchinko@××××.fr> wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > On 11:03 Sun 27 Nov , Manuel McLure wrote:
6 > > > On Sunday 27 November 2005 07:51, Mark Knecht wrote:
7 > > > > Does anyone have this problem? I click a link, such as on the page I
8 > > > > put in this email, I get a new Firefox window, mplayerplug-in seems to
9 > > > > be downloading, but then never plays. If I look at processes using top
10 > > > > and ps aux I do not see mplayer at all.
11 > > > >
12 > > > > http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2005/11/more-music.html
13 > > > >
14 > > > > There are ogg and mp3 links to try.
15 > > >
16 > > > What version of mplayerplug-in are you running? I *greatly* recommend using at
17 > > > least 3.11 (which is still marked ~x86) - it's the first that works really
18 > > > well for me (the earlier releases would crash firefox when you left the page
19 > > > with the video on it.) I'd also see the problem you see with earlier versions
20 > > > - the page would appear to download the video but nothing would happen.
21 > >
22 > > I am still running version 2.80 of the mplayerplug-in and it works just
23 > > fine. Though I must admit that I had the same problem as Mark at the
24 > > beginning. It came from the default video driver used by
25 > > mplayer/mplayerplug-in which wasn't compatible with my video card. I had
26 > > to edit the ~/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf file:
27 > >
28 > > vo=xv
29 > > ao=alsa
30 > > osdlevel=1
31 > >
32 > > I hope that it helps.
33 > >
34 > > --
35 > > Nicolas Litchinko
36 >
37 > Hi,
38 > Interesting. Two questions:
39 >
40 > 1) Is xv a driver that you use for your video card? The specific
41 > system I'm looking at has this in xorg.conf:
42 >
43 > Section "Device"
44 > Identifier "Intel 810"
45 > Driver "i810"
46 > #VideoRam 65536
47 > # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
48 > EndSection
49 >
50 > Would I choose 'i810' where you used 'xv'?
53 This is the name of the video driver used by mplayer and it's not really
54 related to the xorg driver (I'm using the nvidia xorg driver).
55 You can get a list of all those mplayer offers by using:
56
57 mplayer -vo help
58
59 > 2) The system in question doesn't have a file
60 > ~/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf. Did you create this file or was it
61 > there for you to modify?
64 I think I had to create this file.
67 Nicolas Litchinko
70 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list