From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xine and Mplayer Sound problems
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:17:21
1 Recently whenever I try to play a CD, or a file such as an .avi, Xine
2 instead generates a xine-out.wav and no sound. The video portion looks
3 perfect.
4 If I play the xine-out.wav, it is the audio track from the file I tried
5 to play.
6
7 Trying to play that same .avi with Mplayer yields a pop-up window.
8 It reports an error, "DVB card number must be between 1 and 4.
9 Like Xine, the video portion displays without problems.
10
11 Anyone have any ideas on possible causes?
12
13 Trying something like Ekiga, which has sound and video, works without
14 problems.
15
16 Thanks
17 Sean