From: Richard Marzan <richardmarzan@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xine and Mplayer Sound problems
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 08:57:01
1 ----- Original Message -----
2 From: "sean" <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
3 To: <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
4 Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 4:17 PM
5 Subject: [gentoo-user] Xine and Mplayer Sound problems
8 > Recently whenever I try to play a CD, or a file such as an .avi, Xine
9 > instead generates a xine-out.wav and no sound. The video portion looks
10 > perfect.
11 > If I play the xine-out.wav, it is the audio track from the file I tried
12 > to play.
13 >
14 > Trying to play that same .avi with Mplayer yields a pop-up window.
15 > It reports an error, "DVB card number must be between 1 and 4.
16 > Like Xine, the video portion displays without problems.
17 >
18 > Anyone have any ideas on possible causes?
19 >
20 > Trying something like Ekiga, which has sound and video, works without
21 > problems.
22 >
23 > Thanks
24 > Sean
29 What your USE flags for mplayer and xine? are Xine and Mplayer setup
30 correctly? Make sure there are is no option set to save audio to files.