From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] services on ASUS 1005HA
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:06:18
1 With the required driver atl1c in the kernel, my toy Horace had no trouble
2 logging in to my ISP & actually downloaded a file for an emerge.
3
4 Can anyone who uses one of these machine advise me
5 how far the usual services are relevant for a netbook ?
6 -- hald (+dbus) vixie-cron slocate run on my desktop machine,
7 but don't seem necessary for a netbook which I wb using only occasionally;
8 I have installed sysklogd , which seems useful in case of problems.
9
10 Also, what do people use to monitor the battery ?
11 And what's best for the webcam ?
12
13 Thanks again for the advice so far: I hope my reports are helpful to others.
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca