From: Duane Robertson <duane@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Hostile takeover of our github mirror. Don't use ebuild from there until new warning!
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 01:55:30
1 On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 23:15:36 +0200
2 "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi!
5 >
6 > I just want to notify that an attacker has taken control of the Gentoo
7 > organization in Github and has among other things replaced the portage
8 > and musl-dev trees with malicious versions of the ebuilds intended to
9 > try removing all of your files.
10 >
11 > Whilst the malicious code shouldn't work as is and GitHub has now
12 > removed the organization, please don't use any ebuild from the GitHub
13 > mirror ontained before 28/06/2018, 18:00 GMT  until new warning.
14 >
15 > Sincerely,
16 > Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)
17 > Gentoo developer.
21 Is it at all likely that any signing keys have been compromised? I
22 can't think of how that would happen, but I don't know much about the
23 situation.