From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Hostile takeover of our github mirror. Don't use ebuild from there until new warning!
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 12:19:57
1 El 29/06/18 a las 03:55, Duane Robertson escribió:
2 > On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 23:15:36 +0200
3 > "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi!
6 >>
7 >> I just want to notify that an attacker has taken control of the Gentoo
8 >> organization in Github and has among other things replaced the portage
9 >> and musl-dev trees with malicious versions of the ebuilds intended to
10 >> try removing all of your files.
11 >>
12 >> Whilst the malicious code shouldn't work as is and GitHub has now
13 >> removed the organization, please don't use any ebuild from the GitHub
14 >> mirror ontained before 28/06/2018, 18:00 GMT  until new warning.
15 >>
16 >> Sincerely,
17 >> Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)
18 >> Gentoo developer.
21 > Is it at all likely that any signing keys have been compromised? I
22 > can't think of how that would happen, but I don't know much about the
23 > situation.
24 >
25 If you mean the release signing key the answer is a clear no according
26 to infra's forensics. If you mean specific developers' keys it is
27 unlikely but not fully impossible as we still don't know how the
28 attackers got hold of the compromised accounts.