From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [way OT but interesting] Massive recent DDOS attack
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 03:51:47
1 luis jure wrote:
2 > on 2013-03-31 at 23:05 Michael Mol wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 03/31/2013 10:00 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
5 >>> There was a good story in 'Guardian' :
6 >>>
7 >>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/mar/29/cyberwar-spun-shoddy-journalism
8 >>>
9 >> The Gizmodo article that Guardian article lauds irritated the hell out
10 >> of me. [...]
11 >> Whether a chunk of Europe dropping offline qualifies as "breaking the
12 >> Internet" is an interesting question.
13 >
14 > i don't live in europe. i live in a small country in south america. i don't
15 > read the press and i don't have tv. i'm mostly uncontaminated by the
16 > debris produced by journalism.
17 >
18 > today i asked my girlfriend if she had also noted that the internet has
19 > been very slow for the last week or so. perhaps it was a problem with my
20 > connection. it was she who told me that the problem with the internet had
21 > been mentioned in the news (unlike me, she does watch tv and read the
22 > news).
23 >
24 > i'm glad for all the people who weren't affected. but whatever it was, i've
25 > been suffering the consequences. so i'm more than irritated by the
26 > assholes minimizing the problem, or treating this as "non-news".
31 Until this thread popped up, I hadn't heard about it either. I hadn't
32 noticed any slowness but I wouldn't have known it happened either unless
33 Walt posted it or someone else did.
34
35 Me, I read the article. Also thought is was neat and sort of learned
36 something too.
37
38 Thanks Walt.
39
40 Dale
41
45 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!