From: luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [way OT but interesting] Massive recent DDOS attack
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 03:38:31
1 on 2013-03-31 at 23:05 Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > On 03/31/2013 10:00 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
4 > >
5 > > There was a good story in 'Guardian' :
6 > >
7 > > http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/mar/29/cyberwar-spun-shoddy-journalism
10 > The Gizmodo article that Guardian article lauds irritated the hell out
11 > of me. [...]
12 > Whether a chunk of Europe dropping offline qualifies as "breaking the
13 > Internet" is an interesting question.
16 i don't live in europe. i live in a small country in south america. i don't
17 read the press and i don't have tv. i'm mostly uncontaminated by the
18 debris produced by journalism.
19
20 today i asked my girlfriend if she had also noted that the internet has
21 been very slow for the last week or so. perhaps it was a problem with my
22 connection. it was she who told me that the problem with the internet had
23 been mentioned in the news (unlike me, she does watch tv and read the
24 news).
25
26 i'm glad for all the people who weren't affected. but whatever it was, i've
27 been suffering the consequences. so i'm more than irritated by the
28 assholes minimizing the problem, or treating this as "non-news".