From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] inputs on Gentoo emulation on a Mac OSX
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 06:12:29
1 Hello,
2
3 I would appreciate inputs on emulation of Gentoo on a Mac OSX.
4
5 For many years I have been using VirtualBox on the Mac as a host and a
6 Gentoo guest. It seems it is becoming difficult to get the
7 virtualbox-guest-additions package to compile and install on the
8 Gentoo guest. I don't know whether this is a difficulty coming from
9 the virtualbox package itself. However, I am considering an emulation
10 alternative such as VMWare Fusion to avoid problems with portage
11 updates. I wonder whether the experience with the packages that need
12 to be installed on the Gentoo guest side for VMWare are less
13 problematic than the corresponding virtualbox packages.
14
15 Thank you.
18 Valmor