From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with net.eth0
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:15:02
1 On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 03:14:16 +0300, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2
3 > The problem:
4 > > /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart
5 > > * Caching service dependencies
6 > ... [ ok ] * Service net.eth0
7 > stopping
8 > > * WARNING: you are stopping a boot service.
9 > > * Service net.eth0 stopped
10 > > * Service net.eth0 starting
11 > > * WARNING: net.eth0 has started but is inactive
12
13 Do you have ifplugd or netplug installed? This is the message I get when
14 bringing up my wired interface with no cable connected. If that's the
15 case you have nothing to worry about, the interface will be activated
16 when a link beat is detected on the cable.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. *
23 Maslow