From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem with net.eth0
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 00:20:15
1 HI, everyone!
2
3 I had a system lock-up during heavy hdd activity. This caused huge file
4 system problems. I hardly restored the system in order to boot, but
5 finally I had a successful "emerge -e system". Now I have some problems
6 left and I will appreciate your help to solve them.
7 I can start my network manually but can not do this through gentoo's
8 native mechanism. Here is the output:
9
10 The problem:
11 > /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart
12 > * Caching service dependencies
13 ... [ ok ] * Service net.eth0 stopping
14 > * WARNING: you are stopping a boot service.
15 > * Service net.eth0 stopped
16 > * Service net.eth0 starting
17 > * WARNING: net.eth0 has started but is inactive
18
19 The link:
20 >ls -la /etc/init.d/net.eth0
21 >lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 15 Sep 7,18 /etc/init.d/net.eth0 -> net.lo
22
23 The confing file:
24 > sed '/#/d;/^$/d' /conf/net
25 >modules=( "iproute2" )
26 >config_eth0=(
27 > "10.0.0.11/24"
28 > "10.0.0.1/24"
29 >)
30 >routes_eth0=(
31 > "default via 10.0.0.10"
32 >)
35 Please, give me a hand to get "net.eth0" back in normal state.
38 Best regards,
39 Daniel
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list