From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Perl woes MRO-Compat requires perl-5.10.0 [?!?!]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:53:57
1 On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:39:34 +0100
2 Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Michael Higgins schrieb am 11.12.2008 19:19:
5
6 [8<]
7
8 > dev-perl/MRO-Compat is not in portage, so from which overlay do you
9 > have it.
10
11 The perl overlay (where you get catalystframework ebuilds).
12
13 > This overlay should also contain perl-5.10 which is not in
14 > portage too.
15
16 It does indeed. For testing.
17
18 > So what is this all about
19
20 It is about catalystframework, which is in the perl-experimental overlay (a misnomer if ever there was one, "experimental"). It is about perl 5.10.0, which is long overdue for making it into the tree (never mind just into an overlay).
21
22 Also, it is about the (likely) painful migration that will come and how to get informed now.
23
24 > and why do you blame Gentoo in
25 > bug #250632?
28 Because I don't know how to find out where the problem comes from. They at BGO say it is in overlay, resolved the bug "invalid". Fine with me.
29
30 However, it pretty much confirms, by omission, that there are no plans/actions by the gentoo tree maintainers to address perl 5.10.0, I have to assume, or someone would have mentioned it. (But how to find out for sure?)
31
32 And anyone else who runs into this (I must be the only one, though) will see a resolved bug. Is that a problem..??
33
34 Please accept my apologies for the noise. I'll never "blame Gentoo" again!
35
36 Cheers,
41 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
42 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org