From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix and bad colors.
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 21:53:45
1 On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I was using eix a bit ago and I noticed the colors have changed. Since
5 > I like to have white text and a black background, this is not working to
6 > well for me. It seems some of the output is black text. Put black text
7 > on a black background and I have missing text, usually the very thing I
8 > am looking for. I have looked for a config somewhere in /etc but can't
9 > find where this is set. I found where other colors are set but not for
10 > eix.
11 >
12 > Anyone have a hint as to where this is set or is it hard coded into eix?
13 >
14 > Thanks much.
15 >
16 > Dale
17
18 Dale,
19 If you (or someone else) finds a nice concise setting for
20 terminals that are black background, white text, I hope you'll post if
21 back. I'm not going to have time to look at this right now but like
22 you hate the way black on black text is looking! ;-)
23
24 Cheers,
25 Mark