From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] different equal versions question
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:57:28
1 On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:44:26 +0000 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
2 wrote:
3 | On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:22:10 +0100, Bastian Balthazar Bux wrote:
4 | > It's possible that at two different points in time, the file of the
5 | > ebuild change also with an unchanched version?
6 |
7 | It happens, usually when a bug is discovered in an ebuild.
8 |
9 | I don't think it's a good idea. If the ebuild is changed, the revision
10 | should be bumped (IMO).
11
12 Think about what you said, especially in relation to KEYWORDS. Also, I'd
13 suggest reading the ebuild policy docs on that, we have rules on when we
14 do and don't -r bump.
17 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
18 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm