From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware-server is gone?
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:52:43
1 Am 17.03.2014 20:30, schrieb J. Roeleveld:
2
3 > I've been planning to try KVM as well, but am wondering how snapshots work
4 > with KVM. Not been able to find anything about that apart from
5 > disk-snapshots. No info if it's possible to take a copy of the memory as
6 > well.
7
8 I run KVM in combo with LVM snapshots for backups. RAM snapshots? Not
9 sure ...
10
11 >> I am right before installing Qemu and configuring the network bridge etc
12 >> ... the vmdks are already converted. Maybe it doesn't take that long.
13 >
14 > I don't think it should take very long. :)
15 > But, do check that the vmware tools get uninstalled from the guests and
16 > replaced by KVM equivalents.
17
18 I have the VMs now, but both are XP guests and therefore crashing
19 because the weren't prepared with something like MergeIDE ... :-(
20
21 *sigh*
22
23 Does anyone know if there is a trick applying these drivers *without*
24 having a running VMware-Server?
25
26 S