From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA wizard...
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 07:03:50
1 On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 1:42 AM Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Jorge,
4 > Sorry for top posting. I'm at a site with limited capabilities at the moment. Please forgive.
5
6 Forgiving someone for trying to help me? :)
7 (And, if memory serves, you were one of the first persons to help me,
8 in a sound related question, many years ago!)
12 > I'm slightly confused by the question but before I get into that please provide the output of
13 >
14 > cat /proc/asound/cards
15 $ cat /proc/asound/cards
16 0 [PCH ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
17 HDA Intel PCH at 0xf7340000 irq 137
18 1 [CODEC ]: USB-Audio - USB Audio CODEC
19 Burr-Brown from TI USB Audio CODEC at
20 usb-0000:00:14.0-10, full speed
21
22 > cat /proc/asound/modules
23 $ cat /proc/asound/modules
24 cat: /proc/asound/modules: No such file or directory
25
26 (No wonder: I have it all in the kernel. But sound playing and
27 recording are both fine, the problem is how to setup defaults that use
28 two cards)
29 >
30 > What desktop environment are you using?
31 I use openbox (it is probably debatable whether it should be considered a DE)
32 Anyway, this is a low-level setup, no higher-level stuff on top of ALSA.
33 >
34 > What kernel are you running?
35 5.6.4 (off portage)
36 >