From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and kernel developers cooperating to turn it into a global cgroup manager?
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 14:08:06
1 On 20/10/13 17:01, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 >
3 >> It's true that sys-fs/eudev restored the *broken* rule_generator from
4 >> old sys-fs/udev, you can get it by USE="rule-generator".
5 >> But it's lot saner to keep using sys-fs/udev and just write custom rules
6 >> to rename interfaces based on MACs to like lan*, internet*
7 >> so all in all, currently, using sys-fs/eudev doesn't make sense unless
8 >> you are experimenting/developing for it.
9 >
10 > The problem with this is, what happens if (or maybe *when*?) the
11 > systemd maintainers make a change that then breaks udev for anything
12 > but systemd?
15 To continue my previous reply. That has already happened once. That's
16 why we implemented /dev tmpfiles.d support for OpenRC 0.12, that's why
17 >=sys-apps/kmod-15
18 is now requiring >=sys-apps/openrc-0.12.
19 So it's case-by-case basis.