From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] file collision media-fonts/terminus-font-4.28
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 19:13:56
1 On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 19:02:15 +0000
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I do not have collision-protect in my make.conf.
5 >
6 > Emerging media-fonts/terminus-font-4.28 gives me:
7 > =================================================
8 > * This package will overwrite one or more files that may belong to
9 > other
10 > * packages (see list below). You can use a command such as `portageq
11 > * owners / <filename>` to identify the installed package that owns a
12 > * file. If portageq reports that only one package owns a file then do
13 > * NOT file a bug report. A bug report is only useful if it
14 > identifies at
15 > * least two or more packages that are known to install the same
16 > file(s).
17 > * If a collision occurs and you can not explain where the file came
18 > from
19 > * then you should simply ignore the collision since there is not
20 > enough
21 > * information to determine if a real problem exists. Please do NOT
22 > file
23 > * a bug report at http://bugs.gentoo.org unless you report exactly
24 > which
25 > * two packages install the same file(s). Once again, please do NOT
26 > file
27 > * a bug report unless you have completely understood the above
28 > message.
29 > *
30 > * Detected file collision(s):
31 > *
32 > * /usr/share/fonts/terminus/encodings.dir
33 > *
34 > * Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
35 > *
36 > * Press Ctrl-C to Stop
37 > *
38 > * None of the installed packages claim the file(s).
39
40 This line tells you it's an orphaned file.
41
42 > * Package 'media-fonts/terminus-font-4.28' merged despite file
43 > * collisions. If necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole
44 > * content of the above message.
45 > >>> Auto-cleaning packages...
46 >
47 > >>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
48 >
49 > * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
50 > =================================================
51 >
52 > Could you please remind me what am I supposed to do with this?
53 > Should I rm /usr/share/fonts/terminus/encodings.dir and remerge
54 > media-fonts/terminus-font-4.28 ? I am not clear on the process,
55 > since I never had to deal with this manually in the past.
56
57 As no installed package claims the file, simply remove it and remerge
58 the fonts.
59
60 RobbieAB.