From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] file collision media-fonts/terminus-font-4.28
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 19:02:38
1 I do not have collision-protect in my make.conf.
2
3 Emerging media-fonts/terminus-font-4.28 gives me:
4 =================================================
5 * This package will overwrite one or more files that may belong to other
6 * packages (see list below). You can use a command such as `portageq
7 * owners / <filename>` to identify the installed package that owns a
8 * file. If portageq reports that only one package owns a file then do
9 * NOT file a bug report. A bug report is only useful if it identifies at
10 * least two or more packages that are known to install the same file(s).
11 * If a collision occurs and you can not explain where the file came from
12 * then you should simply ignore the collision since there is not enough
13 * information to determine if a real problem exists. Please do NOT file
14 * a bug report at http://bugs.gentoo.org unless you report exactly which
15 * two packages install the same file(s). Once again, please do NOT file
16 * a bug report unless you have completely understood the above message.
17 *
18 * Detected file collision(s):
19 *
20 * /usr/share/fonts/terminus/encodings.dir
21 *
22 * Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
23 *
24 * Press Ctrl-C to Stop
25 *
26 * None of the installed packages claim the file(s).
27 *
28 * Package 'media-fonts/terminus-font-4.28' merged despite file
29 * collisions. If necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole
30 * content of the above message.
31 >>> Auto-cleaning packages...
32
33 >>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
34
35 * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
37
38 Could you please remind me what am I supposed to do with this? Should I
39 rm /usr/share/fonts/terminus/encodings.dir and remerge
40 media-fonts/terminus-font-4.28 ? I am not clear on the process, since I
41 never had to deal with this manually in the past.
42 --
43 Regards,
44 Mick