From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] fine grained net dependancies
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:25:13
1 Hey,
2
3 At some point I was sure baselayout supported full runscript depend(){}
4 syntax, in the form depend_${iface}(){}.
5 However it's not working quite how I would like it to.
6 I *need* heartbeat to start *after* br0. (My network config is quite complex,
7 br0 is a bridge of bond0 and bond4, bonds 0 and 4 being composed of eths 9,
8 2, 6, and 1 respectively.)
9
10 I have tried adding
11 depend_br0(){
12 before heartbeat
13 }
14 I've used both the old and new depend syntax to make the bonds need/NEED the
15 eth interfaces, and the bridge need/NEED the bonds.
16
17 But heartbeat continues to start after the first net service starts, so it
18 fails to start as the interface it needs doesn't exist yet.
19
20 I'd really rather not modify the heartbeat init script if at all possible.
21
22 Thanks
25 Mike Williams
26 --