From: "Thomas Rösner" <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fine grained net dependancies
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 01:49:30
1 Mike Williams wrote:
2 > Hey,
3 >
4 > At some point I was sure baselayout supported full runscript depend(){}
5 > syntax, in the form depend_${iface}(){}.
8 That'd be nice! I didn't know it ever worked. It would be nice if this
9 could be made to work again.
10
11 > I have tried adding
12 > depend_br0(){
13 > before heartbeat
14 > }
15 > I've used both the old and new depend syntax to make the bonds need/NEED the
16 > eth interfaces, and the bridge need/NEED the bonds.
17 >
18 > But heartbeat continues to start after the first net service starts, so it
19 > fails to start as the interface it needs doesn't exist yet.
22 Why not set RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="yes" in /etc/conf.d/rc?
23
24 Regards,
25 Thomas
26 --