From: Nils Holland <nhg@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I reset mount-count?
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 21:00:57
1 On 15:16 Tue 01 Feb , Dale wrote:
2
3 > I also googled a bit and it does appear that the booting check resets
4 > the counter. At least that was what one poster said. May not be the
5 > case now but thought I would mention it.
6
7 Yep, the check at boot that gets executed after the specified maximum
8 mount count has been reached definitely resets the mount count to 0
9 again, I've probably witnessed that millions of times myself in my
10 life. ;-)
11
12 Observation(tm): From the e2fsck man page: "e2fsck -p: Automatically
13 repair ("preen") the file system. This option will cause e2fsck to
14 automatically fix any filesystem problems that can be safely fixed
15 without human intervention. [...] This option is normally run by the
16 system's boot scripts".
17
18 The "-p" option to e2fsck acutually resets the mount count back to 0,
19 even when executed manually (and not as part of a script at boot time).
20
21 Greetings,
22 Nils
26 Nils Holland * Ti Systems, Wunsorf-Luthe (Germany)
27 Powered by GNU/Linux since 1998