From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless...
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:06:15
1 On 12/2/2009 9:17 PM, BRM wrote:
2 > I have wireless working (b43legacy driver for the Dell Wireless Broadcom) through a static configuration in /etc/conf.d/net - basically:
3 >
4 > essid_wlan0="myWLAN"
5 > key_MYWLAN="somekey"
6 > config_MYWLAN=( "dhcp" )
7 > preferred_APS= ( "myWLAN" )
8 >
9 > I would like to use a tool like WPA Supplicant instead so I can have a more dynamic configuration.
10 > I've tried to setup WPA supplicant but haven't been able to get it to work.
11
12 Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I had the exact
13 same problem with the Dell bcm-based adapter in my Inspiron
14 laptop. It would work fine for open wireless and
15 WEP-secured wireless, but wouldn't associated with a
16 WPA-secured access point.
17
18 Eventually I spent about $30 to purchase an iwl3945
19 replacement from Dell, which worked fine, and never looked back.
20
21 --Mike